Learn More About Our Recent Blog Topics With These Great Resources!
We hope you have enjoyed our recent blogs about our hospital, including our choice to become smoke-free and what a Child Life Specialist can do to help your child during his or her hospital stay. Here are some websites and articles that provide more information about our recent topics:
- To find out more about what secondhand smoke can do to your body, read this information from the American Cancer Society.
- Smokeless tobacco is just as dangerous as cigarettes. Learn more about this deadly habit and how to keep your kids away from it.
- If your tween or teen is facing a hospital stay , then let him or her read over this article to learn more about what to expect.
- A Child Life Specialist has a unique role in a children’s hospital. To find out more about this important job, visit the Mayo School of Health Sciences.
- If you want find out when you should take your child to the emergency room, then check out the information found in this article.
- For more tips on helping your child learn to use 911 , visit KidsHealth.org.
- This helpful webpage provides more ideas for teaching your child what to do in an emergency.
- Having a premature baby often means a stay in the NICU. Learn more at WebMD.com.
- To find out what happens when your baby first gets to the NICU nursery , check out this article from Parents.com.
- For everything you need to know about having a healthy pregnancy, visit WomensHealth.gov.
To learn more about our pediatric care services and facility, visit our website or call Sunrise Children’s Hospital of Las Vegas at (702) 731-5437.
- What Is the Impact of Lung Cancer on Children?
- How does pediatric surgery differ from surgery for adults?
- How donating blood can save a child’s life
- 7th Annual Hogs & Heifers Saloon “Miracle on 3rd Street” Motorcycle Run & Toy Giveaway benefiting the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation!
- How to Relieve Your Child’s Sunburn